Too soon? We feel your pain, trust us. But, at least these Democrat policies/strategies were deflated—pun intended.
Oh, and happy Groundhog Day. We suggest watching Bill Murray’s 1993 classic to lighten up the mood.
- When President Barack Obama assaulted the American Dream by proposing a tax on 529 college savings plans and Americans everywhere were like:
- When California billionaire Tom Steyer made his billions by investing in environmentally suspect projects, then turned around and pumped millions into Democrats willing to pursue his extreme “green” agenda through secretive means (including in our own state). Steyer’s two-faced move and Democrats’ duplicity in accepting the donations while criticizing Republicans’ big donors initiated this type of rare reaction from media outlets during the 2014 mid-terms:
- When Washington State Democrats attempted to pass a state income tax—something they still list as a priority it their party platform—and Washington voters reacted kind of like this:
- When Jay Inslee proposed a ridiculous $39 billion budget that includes an unsustainable cap-and-tax scheme and members of his own party reacted like this:
While Republicans reacted kind of like this:
- When the Washington Education Association (WEA) pumped millions into its latest money-grab initiative (I-1351), promoted it under the guise of smaller class sizes and faced no organized opposition, yet only managed to pass it on a very narrow margin. WEA’s attempts backfired and signaled its shrinking influence as about half of Washington voters reacted like this: