Christmas has come and gone, and we here at Shift hoped you enjoyed yours! We are not left guessing whether our favorite liberal politicians in Washington State had a merry ole’ time, since we (secretly) obtained a list of the gifts they received.
- Socialist City Councilmember Kshama Sawant received a small army … all the better to help her seize Boeing’s factories and re-tool the machines to spit out mass transit options instead.
- Evidently thanks to his support for his favorite socialist’s political agenda and to make up for the rejection of his tax-raising plans to bail out Metro, King County Executive Dow Constantine received the promise of the very first bus to come off Councilmember Sawant’s new production line.
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray was re-gifted the Alaskan Way viaduct tunnel (and all the troubles that come with it) that, as a state senator, he gave to the people of Seattle.
- State Representative Frank Chopp received another PacMed building, so more of his friends and family members would have expensive and inefficient places to work … at the expense of taxpayers.
- State Representative Ross Hunter, chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, received another idea for balancing the state budget that has no chance of passing the Legislature – and on which he was not consulted.
- Jay Inslee received an advance bundle of carbon credits he could give to fly California billionaire Tom Steyer up for more secret lunches to discuss plans to impose his extreme environmental agenda on Washington State citizens.
- Speaking of Steyer… the Washington State political influencer, extreme green advocate and Democrat hypocrite was certainly disappointed he didn’t receive the Washington State Senators that he paid for during the election (they all lost), but that disappointment was eased a bit by the coal he received over the holidays, which was just fine since coal has long been a major part of his investment portfolio that made him a billionaire.