Last week, candidate filings officially closed for the 2014 mid-term elections in Washington State. In honor of the occasion, SHIFT brings you the top five dumbest things our favorite Democrat incumbents and challengers have done.
- Rep. Roger Goodman of the 45th LD driving his children, according to his then estranged wife, while stoned during a time when “even possession of marijuana was illegal” and then suggesting his behavior wasn’t as bad as her continuing “to drive the kids while talking on the phone.”
- Carpetbagger Shari Song running for King County Council against Council member Reagan Dunn… losing… then moving from Bellevue to South King County’s 30th LD to run for State Senate.
- Carpetbagger Chris Barringer moving to the 47th LD to run for State Representative… but forgetting to actually move to the 47th LD.
- Matt Isenhower, running in the 45th LD as a mouthpiece for the teachers’ union and SEIU 775NW, having absolutely no idea where he stands on basic policy questions. When asked about the minimum wage hike, Isenhower said that he is “just not ready to talk about it now.” We wonder if he’s ready to talk about issues a couple of months into his campaign, instead of just boilerplate attacks given to him by his union supporters.
- All of incumbent Rep. Suzane Delbene’s various publicity stunts. Our personal favorite thus far? Parading around Redmond with her entourage pretending to be a UPS driver for an afternoon.