Jay Inslee’s ego has reached an all-time high. Despite his many failures, Inslee and his spin team want you to believe he is the “Founding Father of Climate Change.”
Inslee’s Communication staffer has posted this laughable picture as her Twitter background.
It is bad enough that our governor’s ego has led him to believe he ranks up with George Washington, but just as the country is to celebrate Veteran’s Day, Inslee believes his actions rank with those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. This is an insult to our many veterans.
Only Inslee and a small handful of climate change followers believe Inslee has had any positive impact on the national discussion. In fact, there are those who believe his failed Presidential campaign hurt climate change as an issue for it proved the subject has little following, even among the extreme left who are currently active in the Democrats presidential nomination process.
It is fair to say that a 16-year-old from Sweden has had a far greater impact on the current policy debate in our country than Jay Inslee has or ever will.
As much as Jay Inslee and his team continue to promote him as being a leader on climate change (still angling for a cabinet position?), his efforts have constantly failed.
- He spent five and a half months and nearly $7 million ($8 million if you count the million he spent from his gubernatorial campaign account) preaching the global change message across the country. All this time and money focused on climate change moved his 1% public support down to 0%.
- He failed constantly to convince his friends at the Democrat National Committee to hold a debate on climate change.
- When Inslee failed to obtain a climate change debate, he sent Washington State Democrat Chair Tina Podlodowski to the party’s leaders to force them to hold a climate change forum. Podlodowski failed by an overwhelming two to one margin.
- At the most recent 2-hour Democrat presidential debate on October 15th, even Jay Inslee admitted his failure to promote climate change as an issue when not one question was asked about the issue.
- Polling data shows that in the past year there has been no movement on the climate change issue both among Democrat voters or among all Americans (18% said we were doing enough to address climate change in August 2018 and 67% said we were not doing enough. One year later, after Inslee’s campaign, the numbers are almost identical with 20% saying we are doing enough and 64% saying we need to do more).
- His repeated efforts to impose a carbon tax have failed in Washington state. His latest effort, I-1631 was soundly defeated by the voters by over 11% in 2018.
- His biggest failure of all, is that after 6 years of his environmental policies, Greenhouse Gas emissions have risen 6.1% in Washington state. (Not surprising is his administration’s response to this failure — we need to do even more of the same futile policies.)
Despite his repeated assurances that he wants to be our state’s governor, it is obvious from Jay Inslee’s single-minded focus on climate change (instead of state issues), he still desires a position in Washington, D.C. His promise to not accept a cabinet post means nothing if he never plans to run again in Washington after 2020.
Therefore, Inslee continues to be on a crusade to promote himself as a climate change leader.
Yet, the record clearly shows that Jay Inslee is no more of a Founding Father of climate change than Ken Behring and Clay Bennett are the Founding Fathers of Seattle sports franchises. All three do what is best for themselves and thus fail to do what is best for our community.
(Quick side note – can you imagine the uproar from the media if Donald Trump pasted his picture into Emanuel Leutze’s famous painting of Washington crossing the Delaware River? The media would be rushing to veterans’ groups demanding them to be outraged.)
Leave a Reply