The Washington Democrat Party is approaching 2015 with redoubled recruiting efforts. The problem is, they don’t have many accomplishments during the past year to make joining their ranks attractive. So, the Democrats are reduced to bragging about not-so brag worthy election results.
In an email titled “Become an early 2015 member,” the Democrats admit Election Day was “rough.” But, Democrats insist they “fared better than most in the country.” What is the evidence behind the claim? The email reads,
- We re-elected our three freshman members of Congress
- We became the first state in the country to pass background checks on all gun purchases by popular vote
- We kept our majority in the State House
The list of Democrats’ accomplishments in 2014 is short, and it isn’t impressive—though not for lack of trying. Here’s a more honest version of Democrats’ list.
- We re-elected three incumbent congressional members, and failed to even qualify a Democrat in the open-seat 4th Congressional District race
- We managed to pass an initiative that that spent 10 times (a whopping $10.375 million) as its opposition
- We lost four seats in the state House, three of them committee chairs, while also losing the outright majority in the state Senate
Democrats go on to borrow a line usually associated with tea party groups to try and raise money. They write, “We are going to fight harder than ever to protect our freedoms…” Of course, given the rumors of financial difficulties at the state party, it’s no wonder they are trying to spin November’s crushing defeat and copy conservative techniques.
You can read the email here.