What do these 10 Seattle City Council candidates have in common… other than that they are on the extreme far-left of the political spectrum?
- Lisa Herbold, District One
- Tammy Morales, District Two
- Pamela Banks and Kshama Sawant, both District Three
- Rob Johnson and Micheal Maddux, both District Four
- Sandy Brown, District Five
- Mike O’Brien, District Six
- Jon Grant, Position Eight
- Bill Bradburd, Position Nine
All these candidates agreed to align themselves with extreme “green” activists and demand that the Gates Foundation, the City of Seattle’s retirement fund, and the University of Washington eliminate fossil fuel stocks from their investment portfolio. These candidates did so by signing on to a letter.
The fact that these candidates feel it is necessary in the closing days of a campaign to tell entities they have no jurisdiction over what they should or should not invest is, simply put, ridiculous. But, what is even more ridiculous is that Seattle voters might pick enough of these candidates give them the five votes necessary for a city council majority next year.