Publicola decided to celebrate the Seattle Seahawk’s season opening game this Thursday by quizzing Seattle’s elected officials with some pretty basic questions concerning the Super Bowl XLVIII champions. Questions included,
- Who is the coach of the Seattle Seahawks?
- What was the score of Super Bowl XLVIII?
- In what conference do the Seahawks play?
- What is the name of the stadium where they play their home games?
- What is running back Marshawn Lynch’s favorite candy?
- What does “LOB” stand for?
- Quarterback Russell Wilson also had a successful amateur baseball career. Which team chose him in the 41st round of the 2007 Major League Baseball draft?
- Which linebacker had more tackles in 2013: Bobby Wagner or KJ Wright?
- When Seahawks fans talk about “the Tip,” to what play from the 2013 season are they referring?
- Seahawks fans are nicknamed “the 12th Man.” What is the origin of that name?
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray scored an abysmal 3/10—only one other “public official” that Publicola could find scored that low. In fact, Mayor Murray appeared to have trouble recollecting the name of the Seahawk’s stadium. Murray responded, “There’s Safeco Field, then…What’s the name of the phone company I pay every month for the land line I never use? CenturyLink!” Not that Century Link Field has any relevance to Seattle’s economy or anything… right? Maybe Mayor Murray would have done better if they had asked him questions like what luxury hotel he had his city office fund pay for so he could attend the Super Bowl.
Are you smarter than Ed Murray? Take the quiz!