With 2015 around the corner, many are beginning to compile a list of resolutions for the New Year… we imagine Jay Inslee is no exception. Here are a couple of resolutions we are pretty sure made Inslee’s list.
- Enjoy the company of California billionaire Tom Steyer on a more regular basis—all the better to pick his mind for more ways to fight global warming… and generate more million-dollar contributions for Democrats … at the expense of working families.
- Jam through a fuel mandate through an executive order—since Republicans just overcame Steyer’s and the other special interests’ millions to win an outright majority in the State Senate for the first time in 10 years, that means the legislative process will have to be bypassed at all costs.
- Ensure top campaign donors (state employee and teacher unions) get what they want by securing $867 million in pay hikes for state employees. Of course, all at the expense of taxpayers.
- Convince Washingtonians that my first priority is K-12 education, even though I’m using tax increases for union pay raises, and really need to remove the spotlight from my other expensive political agenda items—including extreme green policies (like my cap-and-tax and fuel mandate schemes).
- Save all the oysters (see #2), even though they don’t need saving.
Leave a Reply