When Shift reported on Jay Inslee’s interview with the Yakima Herald-Republic editorial board last week, we couldn’t help but notice the picture that accompanied the story. Here it is:
Notice, Inslee is pictured carrying two growlers of beer—a fact that may or may not explain the absurd comments our green governor made to the editorial board the day the picture was taken. Indeed, the picture inspired a little game we call, “How many growlers did Jay drink?”
The game is simple. We ask, “How many growlers did Jay drink before he said _______________?” And, you let us know what you think. Without further ado,
How many growlers did Jay drink before…
1. He said he “wrestled Republicans to the ground” during the 2015 legislative session?
2. He claimed Democrats obtained “90 percent” of their agenda in the new budget.
3. He asserted he and his fellow Democrats succeeded on “about 125 issues that we won in the budget.”
4. He said, outside of Republicans cutting tuition at state universities, Democrats “wrote the rest of the budget.”
5. He claimed he has lifted the so-called “Cascade Curtain” between Eastern and Western Washington.