Has Obama administration managed to bury the news that Iran nuclear talks have failed with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel’s resignation? BuzzFeed,
- On Sunday, reports first began that a deal with Iran over its nuclear program would not be reached and the talks would likely be extended. On Monday morning, the extension is confirmed around 8 a.m.
- At 8:53, an administration official says Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to speak around 10 a.m. ET.
- Just after 9 a.m., the New York Times reports that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will resign.
- At 9:28, the White House announces that not only will Obama announce the resignation on Monday, Obama will speak Monday morning at 11:10.
- At 10:14, an administration official now expects Kerry to also speak around 11 a.m. ET, rather than 10.
- Obama and Hagel speak on time at 11:10.
- And Kerry comes on right after just before 11:30.
- What’s the big news of the day?
Leave a Reply