Yesterday’s investigative report by Austin Jenkins required a visit to the headquarters of the so-called “progressive network” in Seattle. The Vance Building (at Third and University) is home to a wide range of organizations – from Left to Lefter – all dedicated to an ever-growing government taking more control over your lives.
And it should probably come as no surprise that the owner of this mecca for liberal “thought” is none other than a trustee of the Natural Resources Defense Council, the far-left enviro group that tried to destroy the Washington apple industry with the Alar scare back in 1980’s.
So if you ever drive past, just consider how much extra foundation work had to be done on this building to keep it from leaning to the Far Left, given a tenant roster like this (partial list only):
- American Rivers
- Climate Solutions
- Earth Share of Washington
- Environmental Fund of Washington
- Environment Washington
- Equal Rights Washington/ERW Education Fund
- The Fund for Public Interest
- League of Conservation Voters
- League of Women Voters of Washington
- Progress Alliance of Washington
- Sightline Institute
- Washington Conservation Voters
- Washington Environmental Council
- Washington State Budget and Policy Center
- Washington Wildlife and Recreation Coalition
- Western Clean Energy Campaign
- Win/Win Network
- Win/Win Action
As a homework assignment, see how many of these groups you can find on the Attack Network diagram we posted yesterday. Class dismissed.