Last week, Jay Inslee participated in Reddit’s “Ask Me Anything” (AMA)—an opportunity for the public to, quite literally, ask Inslee anything. The catch? There was no telling which questions Inslee would answer and which he would ignore.
Here’s are five questions Inslee chose not to respond to (for rather obvious reasons) and where answers can be found.
- “Welcome to reddit, Governor Inslee! Implementing “lean management” techniques was a major theme of your campaign. Can you please give us an update on how rolling out those techniques has gone thus far, particularly as relates to education? Specifics as to savings found would be sincerely appreciated.”
- “Another question Governor, As a UW student and employee I am concerned about the cuts to our school. What are you doing about education in Washington for us now? With the cost of higher education ever increasing, and the need for research and innovation in Washington on the rise as well what are you doing for students?”
- “How much influence do lobbyists have over the political process?”
With Inslee as governor, the answer to this question is quite a lot. You can find out just how much here.
- “Governor Inslee, I remember you saying in your campaign that you opposed any new taxes but since you’ve been Governor you have proposed billions of dollars in new taxes including an income tax. Why did you change your mind?”
- “Do you support Senate Bill 5735? The bill contains bipartisan carbon reduction solutions — but some traditional enviro-types have opposed it for reasons I find unconvincing. Do you support this legislation?”