On Memorial Day, we Americans remember the military heroes who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. In communities across the nation, we pay tribute to our fallen heroes and remember their sacrifice so that we might never take for granted the cost of freedom. Today, we here at Shift would like to share five Memorial Day stories that we feel sure will touch your heart.
- The Seattle Times: “‘We knew each other’s pain’: Fallen soldiers’ families share bond”
- The Spokesman-Review: “Veteran’s long-unmarked grave given a headstone”
- The Washington Post: “Americans gave their lives to defeat the Nazis. The Dutch have never forgotten.”
- Politico: “Arlington Cemetery: A year in pictures”
- Fox News: “Remembering the meaning of Memorial Day”
Picture via Fox News