If your family is anything like ours, leaving politics off the table during Thanksgiving Dinner is simply an unrealistic expectation. The political issue that Jay Inslee most wants people in Washington State to be talking about is his impending fuel mandate. So, to help guide you through your dinner table discussion, here are the top talking points to remember about Inslee’s tax-raising plans for dealing with global warming:
- It was a consultant Jay Inslee hired who first determined that his fuel mandate plans could essentially result in up to a $1.17 a gallon gas tax.
- Our green governor’s attempts to debunk his own consultant’s $1.17 gas tax projections have fallen short. Energy experts have determined the projection is accurate, perhaps even understated!
- The Seattle Times pointed out that the state’s own budget writers predicted that reaching Inslee’s defined carbon-reduction goal “would add an additional $1.47 to the cost of a gallon of gasoline in 2035, and cause a substantial price increase in natural gas.”
- A key assumption Jay Inslee makes concerning his fuel mandate agenda is wrong—very wrong. Inslee bases much of his “clean fuel” claims on what he predicted would be the availability of a new, supposedly more efficient biofuel called “cellulosic ethanol” – and that prediction has been shown to be as inaccurate as a Colin Kaepernick pass.
- Jay Inslee has a history of ignoring science to advance his political agenda. In August, Inslee pointed to dying oysters as proof of ocean acidification—which has become his go-to argument for cutting carbon emissions. Well, as it turns out, a top scientist from Inslee’s own the Department of Ecology recently admitted that no evidence exists to back Inslee’s claims.
- Jay Inslee created a Climate Emissions Reduction Taskforce (CERT) back in April in order to make “recommendations on how best to unleash the immense power of the market in reducing carbon pollution.” After nearly seven months, members of CERT released their final report. Simply put, they punted and left the next move for raising energy costs on all Washingtonians up to Inslee.
- It’s no secret that what our green governor really wants is a fuel mandate, to allow state bureaucrats to tell you what kind of fuel to buy for your car. In the past, Inslee has made it clear that he would pursue an executive order to jam his extreme environmental agenda through, since the voters have given him a legislature that has other priorities (like, you know, education, jobs, transportation, etc.).
- Indeed, our green governor placed his fuel mandate on every Washingtonian’s ballot during the 2014 midterm elections by publically attacking candidates across the state with the help of his California billionaire friend Tom Steyer. And, Washington voters said “NO.”
- Jay Inslee cannot even use facts to justify his own determination to see his fuel mandate imposed. When asked why he is still pursuing his fuel mandate Inslee said, “I believe I have to do this because it’s what I believe.”
- Despite an absence of facts in his efforts to convince people to support his extreme agenda, Jay Inslee even resorted to once comparing his fight against global warming to the world’s fight against the Nazis in WWII. Enough said.
Donald Gault says
he is a friggin ideot
Hans Stroo says
He no can haz my vote. Friggin ideot with his high falutin book learnin
wicked leaders are a judgement upon a wicked people.
Thanks King County liberals for putting Governor Carbon Pollution in office
Eastside Sanity says
Jay Inslee is a liberal progressive tax & spend democrat who continues his party’s agenda of the last 30 years. Nothing new here.